WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone planning on doing any winter bassin'?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone planning on doing any winter bassin'? Empty Anyone planning on doing any winter bassin'?

Post  Guest Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:09 pm

I have fished a few times on different lakes down here during the cold weather months, but havent fished for bass in BC in winter. Thinking about making a few treks out this winter. Anyone have any luck?

Back to top Go down

Anyone planning on doing any winter bassin'? Empty Re: Anyone planning on doing any winter bassin'?

Post  andy Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:24 pm

lets try to organize something for next week or weekend shane say liek fish trap or mill or pepin i think pepin wold be fun lol
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone planning on doing any winter bassin'? Empty Re: Anyone planning on doing any winter bassin'?

Post  Guest Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:32 pm

weekends arent good at all for me till the end of the quarter december 11th. I have clinicals on saturdays and sundays.

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:37 pm

just let me know man ill be ready for anytime lol
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyW Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:46 pm

Ive hit fishtrap for the last few days....havnt had any luck.Ive seen on fish surface....thats all the action ive seen Very Happy
RoyW
RoyW

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:42 pm

That is better than most the reports I am hearing down here. Just seeing a fish this time of year is just as good as catching them ,lol

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyW Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:44 pm

Bucketmouth wrote:That is better than most the reports I am hearing down here. Just seeing a fish this time of year is just as good as catching them ,lol

haha...It means there is hope!Its kept me trying for 3 days Very Happy
RoyW
RoyW

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:39 pm

I think if I kept seeing fish I would keep trying too. It would probably drive me nuts in the process as well, lol

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyW Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:00 am

Anyone been out lately?I was at Fishtrap last week....spent a few days there....got one bite...couldnt set the hook...threw back to him...got bit...but couldnt set the hook again.The creek started to freeze over the day after that.
RoyW
RoyW

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:34 am

Went out to silver lake, 5hr south down the I5, went with john and shawn with his21ft ranger. No one got bit, it was pretty cold, brrrrrrr. There was a huge cold front, and that really affects these early winter largemouth due to the fact that this is the first real cold they have to adjust to. We got about three inches of snow sat night to top it off. Oh well, nothing like super sized pizza, lots of beer and six hours on ufc in the cabin!!!!! Winter bassin is al about fun and fishin (trying to fish, lol) So on sunday we headed back up to lake Washington for some smallies. Found lots on side scan but again, no bites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drove over huge schools of bait fish, tied on small pan fish gear and still no bites. Lowered the bait right on them in ten ft down in 30ft of water. Oh well, still was lots of fun Smile

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:38 pm

I keep hearing the same story from quite a few anglers about Lake Washington. I dont know anyone that has even pulled a small fish from that body of water in a month. I bet Silver lake looks alot different when the weeds die off!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:14 am

Silver had watertemps of 39~42 degrees...

lake WA was @ about 46 degrees on the surface. tough

bcbassin wrote:On Whatcom you must fish this lake in fall and winter with a carolina rigged leach and let the action of the leach do the rest you will hammer them that way. As these fish are now suspended in the proper water columns this is the only way to target them. Even a slow retrieved crankbait is still a push for them, and then I would try drop shoting a hellgrammites 3''. These are deadly to use or a 4'' lizard in green pumkin or black and blue glitter due to it being the last color on the color spectrum to show up in deep water. This is a huge key in targeting grumpy pushover Smallies go back and try this and I promise that it will work I dare you guys to go back you won't come up short. You also should fish hte unshaded sides of the lake that can help in winter conditions too. Later
ever fished whatcom in winter for smallies???

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:27 pm

whatcom is closed in the winter justin
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:45 pm

ok good jsut didnt want to see anyone get in trouble for fishing it in the winter we all need to go and hit peppin ponds sometime soon or somthien i need to fish damn it
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyW Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:12 am

Yes indeed!
RoyW
RoyW

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:21 am

Right now I dont even think you can cast through the ice on all the lakes! lol

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyW Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:13 pm

I drove by pepin ponds the other day,and it is now gated off.Is that a private pond? or is city owned?
RoyW
RoyW

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:31 am

no idea the city might have done that because of the ice on the ponds ask kevdawg about this he might know more aobut it or call the city of aldergove and ask them
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:41 am

Its probably to keep idiots from trying to walk across the ice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:05 pm

how do you get to the pepin ponds?

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:40 pm

where you going justin come get me lol i need tog et out before i go the giants game tommorow
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:46 pm

we are hitting up some bodies of water down here Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:55 pm

oh ok then have fun maybe some time soon then we can get togetehr if not thats cool to i hope everyone had a good new years talk to you guys later then
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:17 pm

its private but the guy who owns the land doesent live here

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:35 am

KEV-DAWG wrote:its private but the guy who owns the land doesent live here

That translates into " Its not illegal if no-one presses charges" I have a few bodies of water like that down here

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down