WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pitt marsh

2 posters

Go down

Pitt marsh  Empty Pitt marsh

Post  curtk Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:22 am

decided to walk in and fish from shore on the marsh today , a while back I found a few holes where it appears no one fishes but are polluted with fish , I hit one of the spots today and did a killing , caught a number that were in a couple lb range and a stupid amount of smaller fish . half way thru the few hrs i was there I caught a 14" cuttie . So I got him into shore and when I tried to grab hold of him I took one of the rapala trebles in the thumb . the more he struggled and twisted the further the hook drove into my thumb until it was buried , now I'm on my knees with this fish wedged between my legs and the hook is deeply set in him also . After minutes of trying to wiggle the hook out of his mouth while trying to avoid anymore pain to myself ,the hook came out of his mouth , I was half way there so I thought , it was just a matter of getting the hook out of myself . turns out its not so easy to pull the barb back on human flesh and i was pulling hard , I decided that I needed to push it thru and break the hook with my pliers (been there before) , soon found out it wasn't a good time to forget the pliers . here i was getting a hit nearly every cast and this is really putting a damper on things , so I lit a smoke and sat there twisting and turning and pulling to make a larger hole so that the hook will come out . after 5 minutes the damned thing came out . Rapala went back on the rod and I was back in business . in 20 minutes I caught another small cuttie . I was surprised , i heard they were in there and didn't expect to catch any trout . I don't even know how many bass in total I caught , all I can say is I didn't have much time to smoke cigarettes
thumbs a bit fat but for the amount of fish i caught i'd do it all over again , and actually might be tomorrow depending on the weather

curtk

Back to top Go down

Pitt marsh  Empty Re: Pitt marsh

Post  andy Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:12 pm

awesome report curtk other then the hook in the thumb

im gonna move this to the fishing reports section
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down