WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing tommorrow (sunday 02/05)

Go down

Fishing tommorrow (sunday 02/05) Empty Fishing tommorrow (sunday 02/05)

Post  paulo Sat May 01, 2010 3:11 pm

I would like to fish either area 51 or Hatzic tommorrow but I've never been to either location. I have a 12' alumminum on a trailer and I am still not clear if I can get this into Hatzic or not. If someone would like to go or buddy up that would be greatly appreciated. I am still a bit of a newbie but I am willing to take my lumps. I have all what I need as far as gear . The boat has either a 15h or 9.9h and a electric. If someone is interested let me know please. I will check back here periodically today.
I have fished Silvermere a bit and enjoy it, met a few fellas out there as well from the site but it has gotten too stupid out there with the politics so I'm looking for new water. Thanks to all. Paul.

paulo

Back to top Go down

Fishing tommorrow (sunday 02/05) Empty Re: Fishing tommorrow (sunday 02/05)

Post  Guest Sat May 01, 2010 4:10 pm

if you want to park in a parking lot,you can launch at neilson park[public].the problem there is that the shoreline is aprox. 4 or 500 ft. from shoreline ,and down a hill ! , so you would have to disconnect trailer in parking lot and hand roll your boat to water.unless youve got an ultralight ,it would be easier with a buddy helping.or have a couple buddys and just carry it to shoreline ,although a have seen 1 guy carry a 12ft alum. by himself up the hill.he stood the boat onto its transom ,rested the back of the middle bench on his shoulders,grabbed the gunwhales,and up he went! or you can park on the side of shook rd and luanch into the slough.make sure you check the water levels at the bridge,because you will have to pass under it.the launch is short ,kinda steep,muddy and VERY shallow,unless the water has came up a couple feet in the past 2 weeks ? as for directions,both of these spots can be seen on satelite images or a lower mainland map.hope that helps abit ? good luck out there!

Back to top Go down

Post  paulo Sat May 01, 2010 4:55 pm

Thanks for the info. The boat is way too heavy, thats why the trailer. If I removed the motors and tank with two guys it is do able, but coming out is a long haul. Sounds like area 51 but I have no clue on anything to do with this piece of water. I know its part of the Pitt system and thats it. Thanks again.

paulo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down