WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beaver dam at area 51/52

2 posters

Go down

Beaver dam at area 51/52 Empty Beaver dam at area 51/52

Post  Henry Wed May 12, 2010 2:15 am

Hi there, need some newbie advice in area 51/52. I was trying to test out the foldcat in area 51/52 last Sunday, launched it at the side of the road at the end of the parking lot, and meet the beaver dam after 5 mins in the water.... Shocked is that beaver dam new or you guys launch at different spot? I've also seen a nice looking launch near the gate to the park, do you guys launch there and are there any beaver dam in that channel? any help is appreciated.

Henry

Back to top Go down

Beaver dam at area 51/52 Empty Re: Beaver dam at area 51/52

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 11:26 am

Beaver dam has always been there. Everyone just portages over it. Its pretty simple if your boat isn't to heavy or if you have 2 people.

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Wed May 12, 2010 1:03 pm

we also launch at the launch right by the gates but there is also a beaver dam there the beavers have being very busy this year
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Henrey Launch at the one at the gate its easyer to get over. Its a longer wy to get into the main areas but its better access.

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Wed May 12, 2010 5:09 pm

hey thanks everyone for the input, seems like the launch near the gate is better, but since i'm using a inflatable, I don't want to risk draging it over the dam, coz the boat is quite heavy for me and my gf to lift with the battery and motor, i guess i'll try hatzic next time.

Henry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down