WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rants and raves

3 posters

Go down

Rants and raves Empty Rants and raves

Post  Quin Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:55 pm

Bit of a rant to begin, only because my first post was eated by the inter tubes. Some buttons shouldn't be touched, ...ever!!! Just got back from the Island, fishing was slow, but there were no crowds !!!

Just wondering why the Langley Wholesale Sports lacks the bass gear that Nanaimo has. Yeah, I know it's a smaller store, but there's piles of empty pegboard.

http://www.koppersfishing.com/products/frog_hollow.php
like this in a smaller size 5/8 oz.

Also Yum products, like the "Money Frog", and "Dingers" (Dingers appeared to be sold out, on my visit) as well as "Shakalicious shakey worms" , very buoyant (aka very floaty shakey head worm with a skirt, see link )

http://www.lurenet.com/brands/yum-baits/yum-f2-shakalicious-worm

Well the coho fishing wasn't that good, but the Island always rewards you in many ways !!

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Rants and raves Empty Re: Rants and raves

Post  Mike Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:45 am

I take it you were bassfishing then Quin? Get any hawgs? Sorry to hear you didnt have any luck with the coho, if your over on the island again this fall and feel like driving north of nanaimo I would be more then happy to help you hook into some nice coho.
Mike
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Quin Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:21 pm

No bass fishing on this trip, just stopped in at Wholesale sports on the way up Island, and on the way back. I've always wanted to give Long lake a try for bass, but I'm always in a hurry to get up Island, or hurrying to catch the ferry, lol.

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:18 am

Well, i am actually going to try and hit long lake on saturday on my way back to the city so I'll let you know how it goes. PM me when your going 'UP' Island again if you wanna do some salmon fishing, I work up in Campbell River and stay out in Black Creek.
Mike
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:53 pm

ive noticed that to quin that there peg boards are always empty ive being there a few times to look for bass stuff i wont be wasting my time anymore ill jsut keep going to see randy at hatch matcher
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Quin Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:51 am

Hey Mike,
I found it kinda funny that you work in Campbell River and "live" in Black Creek, and when we stay in C.R., we usually ended up fishing Black creek, in the afternoon. (but we always missed the tide this year.)

We did get into a few coho on the Quinsam/Campbell system, but I kinda live in the past on the Quinsam
, hooking 20+ coho was actually common for a day (per person).

As for the Coquitlam river, there's been lot's of pressure at the Kingsway bridge, during late Sept., lots of high, clear water, I saw 1 fish that was taken, it looked like a small Spring, it was close to dark and as I was driving over the bridge I thought it wise not to stop mid-bridge and ask, the obvious questions.

In my youth, we fished the Coquitlam well past Halloween and right up to Xmas, and there was a decent late run of large coho, cutts, and even dollies. (We're talking way back...way, way.. back, --late sixties/early seventies)

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:55 am

dude your old lol im thinking of a trip to coquitlam river with my fly rod some time soon
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:47 am

Hahaha, Quin that was prob my spring you saw. I took one on the 9th of oct at the kingsway pool. Everyone was saying there was no springs in yet but the wool spoke otherwise Wink The coho fishing was pretty good on the beach so far out in Black Creek, was slaying them on pink magic finish zingers but been short drifting the rivers of late.

Andy, I am going to be back over this weekend if you want to join me on the river, you too quin.
Mike
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum