WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Bassers

2 posters

Go down

Hello Bassers Empty Hello Bassers

Post  Frank Urbash Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Being new to the whole Bass fishing adventure and how things work, I was wondering about the single hook thing on lures like crankbaits and others. I know what the regs say but how does that effect the actions on these lures, it doesn't seem to effect things like flatfish, but Bass lures seem to be quite large. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. thanks Frank
Frank Urbash
Frank Urbash

Back to top Go down

Hello Bassers Empty Re: Hello Bassers

Post  Quin Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:08 pm

The single barbless hook reg is for rivers, steams and sloughs (for the most part,... I believe some lakes are single barbless hook as well).
So with spinnerbaits, jigs, plastic worms it's simple enough to pinch the barb. Plugs are a lot more difficult to deal with because removing the belly hook and replacing the tail hook can "unbalance" the lure, and it can get expensive and time consuming to try and find the right size and style of single hook that won't unbalance the plug. I generally stick to single hook soft plastics and spinnerbaits when fishing streams and sloughs, and leave the plugs for the lakes and ponds.

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Hello Bassers Empty Hello Bassers

Post  Frank Urbash Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Thanks Quin! That does help. Frank
Frank Urbash
Frank Urbash

Back to top Go down

Hello Bassers Empty Re: Hello Bassers