WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minnekhada,Poco

2 posters

Go down

Minnekhada,Poco Empty Minnekhada,Poco

Post  Quin Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Just a heads up that the south side of the park (the lodge parking lot) access road is now closed at 4PM, gates locked. Access from Quarry Rd. is still open.

It seems some people have been trying to get up close and personal with some of the many bears in the area and it just got too dangerous. People were reportedly driving into the fields(!!), and walking up, with kids along to get nice and close to Mama and the cubs. Someone took photos and forwarded them to the authorities, who then closed the road !!

Today there were 2 Conservation Officers in their trucks, patrolling the access road, so there was probably another people/bear incident.

I went out to try the early evening bite at 3:00 PM, only to see the closure. I don't like the Quarry Rd access due to the isolation and possibilities of break-ins.

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Minnekhada,Poco Empty no bites at Minekhada

Post  EZ Over Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:17 am

I've gone to Minekhada 4 times and seen several boils but no bites. A guy there said they drained to slough a while ago and that may have killed a lot of the fish. ?

EZ Over

Back to top Go down

Minnekhada,Poco Empty Re: Minnekhada,Poco

Post  Quin Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Update:
Road closes at 4 pm, pretty bad!!

Now road is closed completely 24/7, really bad !!
Quarry Rd parking and entrance is still open. Which doesn't make a lot of sense, because you can access the lodge area from this entrance. Unless they closed all the trails leading to the Lodge.

Maybe it's not really a bear problem, but a people problem, doing a bit of blueberry poaching. Shocked Shocked Just easier to blame the bears.

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Minnekhada,Poco Empty Re: Minnekhada,Poco

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down