WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need your guys opinion

3 posters

Go down

need your guys opinion Empty need your guys opinion

Post  andy Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:17 pm

hey guys i was thinking of adding a directions section to the the forum to give people directions to certain lakes or to ask for directions to the lakes what do you guys think let me know
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

need your guys opinion Empty Re: need your guys opinion

Post  Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:23 am

Hey Andy, As a newbie I would find that very helpful. I need all the help I can get....lol.

Back to top Go down

need your guys opinion Empty need your guys opinion

Post  Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:33 am

id be all for it too. i need all the help i can get too lol

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:44 am

Good idea.

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakejasper Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:59 am

Great idea, since moving from ontario i have only found basss spots to fish in judson hatzic fishtrap creek albert dyck and mill lake i have recently found chadsey but would love to find pepin creek and some other spots.

Jakejasper

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:22 pm

this section is now up and running so if any one needs direction just post it in that section
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Good idea.

I have told people for years, that keeping fishing spots secret just give persons with other agendas the terminate a fishery. I learned this first hand twenty five years ago, when I wanted to take my nephews fishing in the creeks I fished back in the sixties.
When I drove up to where I once fished, I found nothing but subdivision; and the creeks that once held a good population of trout, and hosted an annual return of about 200 salmon and steelhead running in culverts under ground.

So be advised if the public does not know about a fishery, they can't protect it.

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 am

I know it's taken me years to find the various places in the LML, and I've never had printed directions, so from that perspective it would be nice for any one having trouble finding spots, but just like every other forum loads of people are trying to freeload spots and printing them just makes it easier, pressure also does a lot of damage to fisheries not just ignorance especially with small streams

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 am

I hear what you are saying; but consider this. If the masses were to know and question what is going on at Trinity Western, they would rethink what they are doing with their ponds. Also if the masses new of the quality fisheries in Hatzic & Silvermere, the outcry would get us a boat launches.

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:49 am

if the public knew about what was going on at TWU ponds do you think they'd care? the salmon river is one of the most abused systems around, and no one gives a damn about it, I'm pretty sure there would be a lukewarm antibass response only by the 5 or 6 people who really care about that system, as far as hatzic goes, you must have one heck of a secret spot on that lake because it is by far the worst bass fishing location in the LML IMHO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down