WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatzic on Weds. 05/05

3 posters

Go down

Hatzic on Weds. 05/05 Empty Hatzic on Weds. 05/05

Post  paulo Thu May 06, 2010 12:32 am

Finally got out to Hatzic today. It was a little on the cool side. Found the launch area before the bridge as previously described. I was able to launch my trailered 12' with a 15h . The channel is about 2' deep and right under the bridge it comes up to between a foot and afoot and a half so be carefull. I followed some of Andy's instruction on going to the north end against the rock wall. I couldn't believe the depth after trying to get out of the shallows for almost 15 min. I wasn't getting anything for the first couple of hours. Finally found a spot that gave up a couple of 1 - 1 1/2 pounders. Tried some of the docks on the south east side but nothing. Went back to the spot that produced and got either a couple more or the same two. Wound up with 5 or 6 from there and called it quits around 2:30. First thing in the morning, as I was tight up against the shoreline, two deer moved down the hill and came within 20 - 25'. A small doe and buck. Ofcourse left the camera at home. Not a bad day but after some photos of decent fish and a bit of hype, I was a little dissapointed with the fishing. Maybe I just need some lessons. Productive lure was a 1/4 ounce chartreuse spinnerbait. Thanks to the guys who responded to some of my queries earlier.
I'd like to try area 51 with some one who is familiar with it. Tight lines, Paul.

paulo

Back to top Go down

Hatzic on Weds. 05/05 Empty Re: Hatzic on Weds. 05/05

Post  newsman Thu May 06, 2010 12:53 am

With the weather the way it has been for the two weeks you can't expect too much. At my day job I am a grounds keeping foreman, for the last three weeks I have had my crew grooming running tracks. I can tell you at 7:00 AM when we have been starting it has been cold enough to snow; no fish is going to be very active in these temperatures.

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 1:04 am

When weather fronts are not holding constant for periods of time, the fish cant adjust well to the changing conditions. Spinnerbaits are not going to work effectively on any cold fronts to begin with. Go to a slower , more verticle presentation like a jig or texas rig. Spinnerbaits are mainly for active fish that are willing to chace. When fish arent that active, they are not going to move long distances to pursue a bait. You pretty much have to drop it right on them.

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Thu May 06, 2010 1:07 am

paulo im hitting hatzic on sunday with a couple of other club members and my gf your more then welcome to come out at least the water is up now and we dont need to get out of the boat to get under it lol
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 1:12 am

Sounds like a photo contest between Hatzic and Tennant! sounds fun to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Thu May 06, 2010 1:13 am

lol naw i think tennant wins
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 1:22 am

You never know man! you could hit one of those days that only comes around onse in awhile. When you hit those days it crazy! This time of year they can happen anytime

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Thu May 06, 2010 1:25 am

im hope this weekend is one suppose to be super hot friday and saturday and sunday super sunny high of 20 oh yeah baby
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  paulo Thu May 06, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks for the offer Andy. Unfortunately I'm out of the picture for the next 3 weeks atleast. Thats why I've been trying to get out these last few days.
I figured the colder weather would be a factor but thats the time I had to work with. Thanks for the tips fellas, hopefully I will be able to put them to use one day. Maybe we'll meet some of you guys at the meeting on Tuesday. I probably won't know if I can make it until Monday night or Tuesday afternoon.

paulo

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Thu May 06, 2010 11:10 pm

hope to see you there paulo
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down