WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Area 51

3 posters

Go down

Area 51 Empty Area 51

Post  newsman Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:14 am

Fished are 51 today with Brad (the Alabama Bass Man) and Dale Randle (friend). Tried out my new Daiwa Algonquin 8wt. Casts well boys comes in 7/8 or 9 wt only. Can set you guys up with one for $50.

As for fish

Brad = 0
Dale = 5 crappie, 3 small large mouth, & 1 pumpkinseed
Me = 5 crappie & 1 pumpkinseed

Last edited by newsman on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Area 51 Empty Re: Area 51

Post  andy Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:20 am

jeff how can you not catch any bass right now at the marsh you got to be doing something wrong lol
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:21 pm

I don't agree. Weather systems can be big factor.

Most speicies go off the bite when the barometer is falling, which was the case while we were out there fishing. I watched the fog and rain squalls move up and down Pitt Lake. We were fortunate to only get spit on a few times but we did feel the temperature drop 6 degrees while we were there. We also noticed the significant drop in the bite as the wind picked up and temperature dropped. Had we been in a good bass hole when we started, it is likely more and larger bass would have been caught. There was no top water action at all. At times of falling barometric pressure fish will move deeper in an effort to equalize the pressure, when they can no longer equalize the pressure they go off the bite.

Brad threw every thing he had at them only echeiving a few bites on worms and jigs.

All but two of the fish I caught were caught on black wooly buggers. The last crappie and the pumpkinseed were caught on a chartreuse boobie.

Dale caught his five crappies on a black wooly bugger. His three small bass and his pumpkinseed were all caught on a chartreuse boobie.

I don't believe the lack of bass had anything to do with what we were doing, if Brad, with all his Alabama bass skills, got skunked.

We were not the only once struggling to land some bass, the other anglers we met there were not having any success either. lots of fish showing on the finder!

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:56 pm

rookies lol jkjk im sure things will be good after the week we are suppose to have
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:12 pm

I agree, looks good for a good tournament. The beavers are at work though, they have rebuilt the dam after Shane made his adjustments.

Did you know that in Alabama, crappie are the #1 prized table fish and pumpkinseed are #2? They must love filleting if they like eating those fish that much.

Hey Andy, maybe you and the other X-Ontario boys could offer quick filleting classes for those of us who like eating crappie and catfish.

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:18 pm

damn beavers fyi its a muskrat lol not a beaver i say we as a club take care of it lol
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Area 51 Empty Personal Best

Post  BassHunter Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:13 pm

was out Saturday but morning, around 8 ish, well got there around 6, fish were jumping all over, could get em to take anything. figured i try something different, put on a six inch salimander threw it on shore, dragged it into the water thru some weed and WHAM!! 7Lbs. of pure muscle flew out of the water swallowing it whole. the fish was bigger than my net. i never thought there were fish that big in there.
BassHunter
BassHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Cool; I though those big guys were all electro-shocked.

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:19 am

awesome you get any pics of the fish
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  BassHunter Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Actually. No, i had brought my camera only to find a dead battery when i tried to snap a pic. and i fell in the water causing my cell not to work . all in all it was an event full day. next time though I'll be better prepared. always check camera batteries BEFORE you get out on the boat.
BassHunter
BassHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:32 pm

lol i did the same thing today sockeye fishing went to take soem pics and my battery was dead for the first time lol
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  BassHunter Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:26 pm

the fish in the pic was caught at silvermere. six pounds. lots of action lately in area 51 with top water plastics.
BassHunter
BassHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down