WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

please read

3 posters

Go down

please read Empty please read

Post  andy Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:58 pm

ok guys id really like to know who is staying in this club and who is bailing on it
i want this club to work and im not about to give up on it
just because one person has brought up stuff that was in the past oif the wcba which is not true
first of all the wcba does not or has never condonded illegal stocking
second the wcba has never endorsed the illegal use of live wells
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

please read Empty Re: please read

Post  scubasteve Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:57 pm

I haven't beem around to ANY of the forums lately Andy. I've been out fishing!

What are you talking about?

Forums usually have their ups and downs, in popularuty so maybe that's all it is. I can't really speak because I don't know where you are coming from exactly.

Please explain...

Thanks!

Steve

scubasteve

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:02 pm

just some stuff that an ex member has being tryung to accuse the club of doing everything is good thou lol
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

please read Empty bass contrversey

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:52 pm

hey andy ihave been talking to a few people at a local tackle store about bass and the wcba and most of the response is that wcba has intentionall ybeen stocking lakes over the past years and your name has been mentioned a few times. is this true Suspect confused

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:33 pm

hell no not for the club or me at all anyone that knows me knows i love to fish for bass but i would never ever ever illegally stock bass and any club member that would do something like that would be banned from the wcba and reported to fisheries asap

if you dont mind can you send me a private message about the stores that are saying this bs about me id apprecite that i dont like my name being dragged throu the mud
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:21 pm

fishlips wrote:hey andy ihave been talking to a few people at a local tackle store about bass and the wcba and most of the response is that wcba has intentionall ybeen stocking lakes over the past years and your name has been mentioned a few times. is this true Suspect confused

I can vouch for Andy. He is a straight up guy and I doubt very much he would turn a blind eye to any club member braking fish & game laws. When you come to a tourney, you will see that Andy draws a hard line on obeying fish & game laws as well as no booze or drugs at tournaments. He is also the only public figure on the bass side of angling who did not approach me (knowing my background as a fly fishing instructor) in an adversarial manner, on our first meeting.

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:26 pm

thanks jeff i appreciate that vote of confidence Smile

we need to go out and do a winter fish at the marsh soon lol ill bring my skates lol
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  scubasteve Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:46 pm

OK, just for kicks let's say that there was once a WCBA member in the past that DID do some of these things that are being said. That person may or may not even be associated with a bass club anymore but their legend can still live on. Do you see what I mean? Andy could just be the whipping boy of something that happened in the past.

People hear something and spread what they heard in their own wording and things can quickly get out of control. These things don't even have to have one bit of truth to them but the people that keep talking about it and spreading it around don't think about that. A story is a story and keeps getting told, whether you want it to or not. That is a big problem, but unfortunately nothing can be done to stop it.

All we can do as responsible anglers is to abide by the regulations, and teach others, especially the young, why these regulations are so important to the survival of the species and also the privilege of being able to fish.

We used to start rumors at work just to see how long it would take for it to get back to us, as well as to see how much the original rumor changed and we were quite shocked. Very important information that we originally planted in the rumor was sometimes omitted and new stuff added! It all comes down to who heard it and how they told the next person. Yea, it was kinda cruel but it was also quite fun.

Don't get me wrong here, we weren't spreading anything bad, usually just false weather reports to try to get the guys that lived out of town thinking that they should 'maybe leave now before it gets any worse' or something like that. It was not only fun but quite educational. People embellish things to not only keep the listener's attention but also to add more 'possible' truth.

Hopefully nothing did happen in the past and it is all someone's sick sense of humor that has gotten out of hand, but the reality is that there ARE people out there that believe it.

The only thing that we can do is live by our words and at any possible chance, use the situation to prove these stories wrong. Getting upset is quite understandable but what the people that don't know one way or the other think first is that denial is the first defense of guilt.

I don't like to think that anyone that I know or plan on knowing wouldn't have done this but if they did all I can say is that I hope they learned a valuable lesson and will not do it again.

scubasteve

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:50 pm

thats exactly right steve it seems that every president of the wcba has being accused of this im sure if you ask chad that he will say the same

we have always being accused but i can atest for me and other past president that none of us would ever condone or do this type of crap
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

please read Empty please read

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:16 pm

i have been doing some back ground research on bass stocking in b.c it was introduced into a few lakes by provincal authorities in the early 20th century,now they are finding bass up in the cariboo .seems to me it could be anyone doing this crap i also saw in an article online that they have a gold fish problem at dragon lake in quesnal. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:45 am

early twenty centry i guess that makes me really really really old lol

in your research you will see the bass came by railway from ontario and all the lakes are beside railways
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Reading about those early stocking of different species throughout this province, is fascinating; to see what they did without our modern technology.

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down