WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

time to educate

3 posters

Go down

time to educate Empty time to educate

Post  andy Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:43 pm

ok guys i think its time for the non basser in bc to be taught about bass in bc

i think with all the talent we have in this club and maybe work with other clubs to do this i think we can start to have non bassers realize what they ahve all being taught are lies by fisheries and start to people to realize bass are a fun and exciting fish

whos all with me please its time to change this provinces attitude

let me know so we can start on this asap
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

time to educate Empty Re: time to educate

Post  Quin Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:44 am

Great idea!
IMHO, I think the way to get more people interested in bass fishing is to involve their kids with Fun Fish events at easy access waters -- "Mill lake" ,"TWU pond". These are safe, easy access lakes that can introduce families to the sport.

Simple rigs with bobbers and bait, these are the things that can get families, quickly involved, in the world of fishing and also the world of bass fishing in B.C. !!

Remember to stay positive when dealing with the "M.O.E"!!!(aka "fisheries")

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Post  Iyekim76 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:29 am

Hi WCBA Members,

I created my account a year or two ago when i started to generate interest in Bass fishing in the lower mainland. Of course, with our rich west coast fishery of trout and anadromous fish, it makes it difficult to focus on multiple fisheries. This year might happen to be a very slow salmon year which gives some of us the opportunity to experience and attempt to put some time with this bass fishing.
Was fortunate to go towards Pitt Lake last week and trekked the path leading to the marsh across the boat launch and was surprised with the spectacular venue before me. Met a fellow member (Roger) and he basically gave me a heads up on the basics and even offered a Berkeley Worm Soft Plastic, Size 4/0 hook as well as a conical weight just to get me started. Thank you btw, Roger for the gear and the invaluable chat while i watched you fish!
As a person starting out with this fishery, I would just like to know the basic gear necessary to participate in this fishery. Rod, reel, line(braid/mono), baitcast/spincast/fly, baits, lures, flies and whatever else it is needed to start hooking into fish. I do have all the gear and a lot of patience and will take as much time to understand and hopefully appreciate this fishery we have in our back yard. Thank you to all that takes the time to weigh-in and drop some tippers. Happy Fishing!

Fish On and Tight Lines,

Mike SL

Iyekim76

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:37 am

Hey mike do you randy at hatch matchr in maple ridge I've being doing bass seminars there the last couple years and am doing one in the nest future I would try to attend the next one they are very informative
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Iyekim76 Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:05 am

by andy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:37 pm
Hey mike do you randy at hatch matchr in maple ridge I've being doing bass seminars there the last couple years and am doing one in the nest future I would try to attend the next one they are very informative

Andy,

Sounds good. I'm really intrigued with this fishery and will learn as much online to further my development in this fishery. Will slowly build my arsenal of bait, lures and other necessary gear soon. Keep me posted with the upcoming events and seminars! Thank You!

Mike

Iyekim76

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down