WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glouchester Lake

Go down

Glouchester Lake Empty Glouchester Lake

Post  Quin Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 am

Well I spent a hour or a little more at Glouchester (sic?) lake today. I didn't move a thing on a Rage Tail Eeliminator and 1/4 oz spinnerbait on rod #2. I just fished the west side down to the back of the buildings on Glouchester. The trail is extremely wet with our lovely July weather, which has helped the mosquito population explode (bug spray a must). If you go, wear footwear with good tread, that you don't mind getting wet.

The water level is high, and it's not too weedy for the end of July (it's still pretty weedy, lots of pond snot just below the surface).

If I go back I'm going to try a weedless wacky worm on 1 rod and a drop shot rig on the other.

Has any one else fished there this year ?, there's sign of some fishing going on. (cut down reeds, paths, wood to stand on, at the edge etc.)

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Glouchester Lake Empty Re: Glouchester Lake

Post  confused Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:19 pm

I got one small guy there on a wacky worm the other day, after many hours of effort. Not the nicest place to fish ,kinda a dump. I saw one other guy there who didn't catch anything.

confused

Back to top Go down

Post  Quin Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:46 pm

The lake/pond itself is not bad but the path in, and some of the surrounding area is a "dump".
I wouldn't recommend taking kids or dogs in there due the glass and other debris.
But that being said you got one !

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down