WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pitt Marsh update today

2 posters

Go down

Pitt Marsh update today Empty Pitt Marsh update today

Post  Quin Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:09 am

Went out to the southern part of Pitt Marsh again ( today Friday 4:00 pm) for 45 mins. Better action than Monday, but same results, 1 twerp. I had 1 huge boil, and several run hits (the fish picks up the bait and moves off with it) They destroyed the lure which wasn't a Powerbait minnow as I thought, but a Fishbelly Hawg Shad. The eyes were gone, half the head, and the tail was not there !! I then put on a Powerbait minnow and got no interest at all. The Hawg Shad was deeper and wider and slightly heavier

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Fishbelly_Hawg_Shad/descpage-FBHS.html

They took it on a very slow twitch retrieve, and a line watch during the pauses.

Sounds like the April fish out/tourney, Sat 28th, will not happen due to a lack of commitment/interest from members.

Quin

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Pitt Marsh update today Empty Re: Pitt Marsh update today

Post  freeride4x Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:18 am

hey I am new to bass, Lots of history with trout though. and I an fairly familier with the pit marsh area as i used to duck hunt there when I was younger, I went there today to try my luck at catching a bass but after over an hour not a single nibble. I tryed a 3" shad without weight and one with, and I even went up to a larger 4" smelt, but nada. I also tryed topwater with a frog but no luck, any tips?????

drove down the gravel road and I walked from the gate to where the old bridge to the lookout was but no luck. saw some carp and caught a 1 1/2lb cutthroat on the mountain side ditch. But not a single bass.

Thanks
Chris

freeride4x

Back to top Go down

Post  Quin Wed May 02, 2012 7:29 pm

I was fishing extremely slowly for me (I like a "run and gun" style until I find fish, and then I slow down a bit but still fish relatively fast). The earlier time it was a cast -twitch,..reel, twitch, twitch, reel, twitch,reel, short pause, twitch, reel -- pretty fast. The second trip was cast .. twitch, pause, twitch , long pause, reel , twitch, pause, small twitch, long pause, shake, pause.

When doing it this slow I was locked in on where the line entered the water, watching for line movement.

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down