WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian Mail Order Tackle ???

3 posters

Go down

Canadian Mail Order Tackle ??? Empty Canadian Mail Order Tackle ???

Post  Quin Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Well, it's kinda of the slow season now, so my thoughts are turning towards tackle replacement and new toys.
Just wondering your experiences with Canadian mail order/on-line tackle dealers.

I've just placed a small order with the "Fishin' Hole" in Edmonton and will post on the results (speed of delivery, catalog accuracy, shipping costs etc.). I was curious about other outfits like "Le Baron", "Sail", and any others out there. There appears to be quite a few smaller dealers in Ontario, and any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Canadian Mail Order Tackle ??? Empty Re: Canadian Mail Order Tackle ???

Post  Quin Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:50 am

Well I got my order from "The Fishin' Hole" (Alberta) today. It was placed on Nov. 13th, but was delayed due to waiting for a couple back-ordered items.
The pluses were that they notified me of the delay, and linked to Canada Post to track the package once shipped (Nov.28th) and C.P. had a delivery date posted(Nov.30th) which actually happened. C.P. e-mailed me upon shipping and upon delivery. I'd rate that as good, though I'd like to know upon ordering if an item was in stock and have the option of changing my order or waiting for the back order.

The minus's were one item was not the colour pictured in the on-line catalog. Not even close ! So I'd recommend checking the manufacturers colours against the catalog. (Pearl white is not Golden Shiner brown, but I can change the skirt easy enough, but it could be a problem so....)

So would I order again, Yes but I'd double check colours and ask if all items were in stock. All in all, pretty good !

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Hey rob try ordering from my sponser www.bigbassusa.com If you order let me knôw you can use my discount code Smile
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Quin Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:57 pm

It's a pretty interesting website, Andy. It will have to wait a bit, maybe in the spring, I'm over my spending limit and Xmas is coming fast.
I'm going to thin out some tackle this spring, at least 4 rods and 1 or 2 reels. I've also got some great tackle for a club draw in the spring of 2013 !! Really cool stuff including "Trigger X" soft plastics and a Plano Soft Side bag with 4 3600 boxes and stuffed with tackle !!! More info in the New Year !!

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:52 am

I have ordered items from Le Baron, and was happy with their service. They still can't compare with Cabelas tough.

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down