WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Since there's no IBT Tour...

Go down

Since there's no IBT Tour... Empty Since there's no IBT Tour...

Post  scubasteve Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi guys,

Since Michael Gerbert's IBT Tour does not appear to be happening I have taken it upon myself to fish the Tactics events anyways.

For those that don't know what these were supposed to be, they were a series of 8 events where you had to use specific techniques to catch the fish. Like it or not I thought that it was a good idea, in that I would be forced to fish some techniques that I may not consider myself that strong at.

You know yourselves that there are certain techniques that you either haven't tried before, or don't try very often for whatever reason. This could be that you are strong with other techniques or you don't want to buy gear that you probably won't use, since you haven't had a problem with the techniques that you use most often.

Anyways, back to what I was saying...

The first event was scheduled for March 20 (which is this Saturday) and it was supposed to be on Quennel Lake and the technique was using tubes.

I will be out there on Saturday morning fishing with tubes. I have put an invitation out to anyone that wants to show up and have a fun day of fishing. I will be there with a friend in my boat and I have confirmation that there will be a couple other boats out with me as well.

I know this is kind of short notice, especially since most, if not all of you are on the mainland but what can I say? Feel free to join us and if we have enough people out there we may even be able to have some sort of friendly competition if the people want to.

The next event that is NOT happening (I will be there though!) is April 17 on Shawnigan and the technique I will be using will be lipless crankbaits.

These (non)events will not fail due to lack of participation, as it doesn't really matter if anybody else shows up or not. I will be out there and I just thought that it would be nice to see some of you out on the water!

This is meant only as an invitation to everyone to come out and have some fun, so I don't really know if this is the right forum to post it in, but here it is anyways!

Steve

scubasteve

Back to top Go down

Since there's no IBT Tour... Empty Re: Since there's no IBT Tour...

Post  scubasteve Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Well due to the lack of responses I guess I won't see any of you tomorrow! Maybe next time!

I realize it's a huge expense for most of you to fish the island but I thought that I would let you know I was going out anyways!

Steve

scubasteve

Back to top Go down