WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boat and Sportsman show 2014 Tradex

Go down

Boat and Sportsman show 2014 Tradex Empty Boat and Sportsman show 2014 Tradex

Post  Quin Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Spent about 3 1/2 - 4 hours out at the Tradex show, Saturday. It had a nice blend of Fishing, Hunting and Boating, with quite a few deals for those willing to search them out.
Highlights for me were the Pure Fishing booth, with lots of new stuff from Berkley and Abu Garcia. Stop in to chat with Jesse, he really knows his bass fishing both in the Okanagan and Lower Mainland. There's some incredible reels coming out this year, incredibly light and super fast retrieves.
The Normark booth with Rapala now branching out into rods and reels as well as lures.
The Army and Navy booth had lots of sales, fly rods for under $15, fibreglass but great starter rods for kids!! They also had a bass combo from Abu Garcia, under $80.(if I remember correctly)
Lots of stores have booths, Riverside, Sea Run, Hub's, Fred's, Steveston Marine, Nile Creek and more, all with show specials. Saw lots of people packing out their bargains with big smiles. Could some really good deals on Sunday because nobody wants to pack it all up when they can sell it instead.
Fishing Kayak's have come along way, lots of bells and whistles for those who want to explore remote waters. Think of the Pitt Marsh or Hatzic, or some of the hard to get to sloughs in the Fraser Valley.(or Osoyoos or Creston or ???)
I believe it opens at 10 am tomorrow, and remember you have to set your clocks this weekend.
Even if you have to park way out in the boonies there's a free shuttle bus that will pick you up and drop you off just outside the entrance.

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down