WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there anyone can show me how to fish for bass on area 51 this Sunday?

4 posters

Go down

Is there anyone can show me how to fish for bass on area 51 this Sunday? Empty Is there anyone can show me how to fish for bass on area 51 this Sunday?

Post  unclesam Fri May 04, 2012 11:53 pm

I am new to bass fishing. I have a friend brings me to area 51 and did some pumpkinseed fishing . He told me there are big bass there and I saw a guy caught a 1 pounder there. Checked with berry bait and tackle sales and and a guy fished there told me to buy some big green worms and big kooks and he told me best from a boat there. I have a rubber boat (intex seahawk II), a fishfinder (I don't think I need that for the marsh though).

I am trying to learn how to fish for bass. I am planning to go there on this comming Sunday 5-6 in the afternoon, Is there anyone can show me how to do it there?

You can call or text me

thanks.

sam 604-2029926

unclesam

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone can show me how to fish for bass on area 51 this Sunday? Empty Re: Is there anyone can show me how to fish for bass on area 51 this Sunday?

Post  Quin Sat May 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Sam, good to see you on the site!! Welcome !!
The Pitt marsh(aka "area 51", Katzie marsh, and at it's worst Katzie slough marsh) is a very diverse area, with many areas best suited for boat fishing, and a good number of shore access spots.

I would recommend down loading Google Earth, it's free and can show you many of the access points( or at least give some ideas ) as well as giving you an idea of how big the Pitt marsh is and it will also give you ideas about the depths( the darker waters) .

I'm sorry I don't have the time right now, to help you get properly introduced to "bass fishing"out there in the marsh.
Please keep the questions coming.

Quin

Last edited by Quin on Sat May 05, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone can show me how to fish for bass on area 51 this Sunday? Empty Re: Is there anyone can show me how to fish for bass on area 51 this Sunday?

Post  unclesam Sun May 06, 2012 12:09 am

Quin wrote:Sam, good to see you on the site!! Welcome !!
The Pitt marsh(aka "area 51", Katzie marsh, and at it's worst Katzie slough marsh) is a very diverse area, with many areas best suited for boat fishing, and a good number of shore access spots.

I would recommend down loading Google Earth, it's free and can show you many of the access points( or at least give some ideas ) as well as giving you an idea of how big the Pitt marsh is and it will also give you ideas about the depths( the darker waters) .

I'm sorry I don't have the time right now, to help you get properly introduced to "bass fishing"out there in the marsh.
Please keep the questions coming.

Quin

Thanks , I will try it out anyway. It will be faster when I have someone to help Laughing

unclesam

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Sun May 06, 2012 3:00 pm

When I get back from ossoyoos in three weeks we can try to hook up and I'll teach you the ropes about the marsh Smile
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  unclesam Sun May 06, 2012 11:54 pm

andy wrote:When I get back from ossoyoos in three weeks we can try to hook up and I'll teach you the ropes about the marsh Smile

Let me know then. I got nothing today . every quite. didn't see fish rising. My friend only got 3 bluegills.

unclesam

Back to top Go down

Post  unclesam Sat May 26, 2012 12:04 am

Today I saw a guy hooked a largemouth bass, so tiny that is will fit in my palm. I took this picture. a bit disappoint because I am really not interested in this size bass, rather to catch sunfish Sad .

Andy, are you back yet? still waiting
Is there anyone can show me how to fish for bass on area 51 this Sunday? 2012-010

unclesam

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Sat May 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Hmm it's so nice to be wanted lol I am back from
My trip lol Sam we will Plan something asap I
Promise
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  Quin Sat May 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Hey, Uncle Sam,
Andy's back.
From the photo of the "trophy" bass it looks like your fishing the southern portion of the marsh, fields to the south, are cultivated , ditch to ditch ????

Please post a picture of the "sunfish", you've been getting. I suspect they're probably "pumpkinseeds", a very colourful sunfish rather than Bluegills, a little drabber, and larger sunfish.

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Post  unclesam Sun May 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi quin, I got pumkinseeds and bluegills, I know the difference between them . It is the color of the big dot on their gill, right?

I do a reservation on that day from the north of the mash which leads to the regional park. It is a every small launch , I am not sure if it is the right place , lots of sunfishes there , I don't know if it is the right place to launch into the mash . really disappoint on the size the other fisherman caught ( in my picture, it was my hand , someone else's fish). It is from the south ends.

You can phone me on my cell to hook up : 604-2029926 sam.

unclesam

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman Sun May 27, 2012 10:06 pm

There are bigger fish out there Sam and Andy would be your best guide. Andy also knows two other good spot, one in Abbostford and another at the very south end of the Marsh (ask him if he got the paper work for the municipality yet?). If it is trophy bass you want Andy is you man.

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  unclesam Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:34 pm

I got some BASS !!! YEAH!

actually this morning going sturgeon slough for carp. only my buddy got a small one. No action. And my friend always wants to catch some pumkinseed sunfish to show to his son and bring him here. So we head to south end of pitt mash.

Some guys already there fishing for bass . right after we started for pumpkinseed, the guy beside us got a bigger bass about 1.5 pound . I said holy crap,

one hour later I gave up on pumkinseed because they are just too easy to catch but my asian rod starts to pickup some bass . I think total of 9, the biggest is about 1 pound got away though. still I have a bigmouth bass about 9 inch. And 2 smallmouth bass too.

I WILL BE BACK

there

Last edited by unclesam on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

unclesam

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Omg did you kill them that's not cool They Sad Need to Be released Sad
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  unclesam Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:09 pm

my friend wants to show to his son. to me , they are still too small.

unclesam

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Please just take pics next Time and release them we need to
Preserve the bass fishing out at the
Marsh
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down