WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cabela's Tulalip trip report

2 posters

Go down

Cabela's Tulalip trip report Empty Cabela's Tulalip trip report

Post  Quin Sat May 05, 2012 3:55 pm

Well, we managed to get organized and make a run down to the new Cabela's in Tulalip this Friday(May 4th).
Took about 2 hours from Coquitlam, using the Aldergrove/Linden crossing, to the store. Lot's of parking and lot's people.
The entrance has a huge overhead diorama of 2 Killer whales corralling a large school of Chinook. My neck got a little stiff staring up at it. It's really something to see, and I would recommend a trip down just for the fish and game displays. There are 2 aquariums, 1 with trout and 1 with bass, sunfish, and what appeared to be a Muskie (Tiger???). My personal favorite was one of a Lioness taking down a Zebra, a big wow factor for that one.

Now on to what's really important, the bass tackle. It's not a huge area dedicated for bass t, 4 or 5 aisles, but they pack a lot in a small area. When you combine that with the "ship to store" option (No Shipping fees)from their catalogs, you've got the best of both worlds. I didn't look at rods and reels, as my basket was starting to get heavy ( also known as expensive).

On the down side and it's a minor one, the debit machine at the check out would not read my card. The card worked fine at a gas station 10 minutes later.

Speaking of gas,... prices ranged from under $1 a liter to $1.08.

So all in all, a really nice experience, and I'll be back.

Quin
...and an added bonus we were waved thru customs on the way back, no duty, no taxes, Yay !!

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Cabela's Tulalip trip report Empty Re: Cabela's Tulalip trip report

Post  Bassonator Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:23 pm

Yup was down a Cabelas this weekend , all I can say is wow, actually my wallet said the same thing. Awesome store awesome selection for bass and next time your down check out the Bargain Cave some good deals in there. affraid
Bassonator
Bassonator

Back to top Go down