WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another new member

2 posters

Go down

another new member Empty another new member

Post  Bubaa Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:49 am

Hi there,

Great to see fellow fisherman here are into bass fishing as well. My friends here are all trout fisherman. I'm new to trout fishing since moving from Toronto 10 yrs ago. However I've been bassin for a quite a long time.  Hoping to meet some fine folks and join on some bass excursions.

I've been bassin here locally at mostly Albert Dyck as my office is 2 minutes away. My record there was 142 little ones in 4 hours. I was catching so many I lost count. So I decided to get a counter for kicks. Last week I caught 16 in one hour before getting booted out by the ski boat.   On a light tackle this little guys sure can fight. :-) . I scan around with my fish finder and I came across some big ones in there appearing on my finder.

Other places I've tried is Skaha lake for smallies. Caught a whole bunch last year.

Anyhow, would like to try the other places I read on this forum. I heard about Hatzic and I was there last week scouting Nielson Park but didn't wet my rod. Didn't realise that there was an elevation drop from the parking lot to the beach. Wasn't sure if I could manage my fishing yak up or down the slope.

If anyone is going to Hatzic or other local locations on some weekend....I'd like to join you. I'm heading back to Albert tomorrow am if the weather holds.

Oh and all my bass were returned safely back into the water. I always practise catch and release.

Cheers,
San

Bubaa

Back to top Go down

another new member Empty Re: another new member

Post  newsman Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:54 am

Welcome Bubaa

To access Hatzic easier, take the road off the highway to the island. look to the right after you go around the first bend and you will see a ruffed out boat launch beside the road as head toward the bridge. It should be fairly easy for you to launch at the bridge also.

Jeff

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubaa Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the info. I took a look at Hatzic access. Saw a few fellows fishing under or by the bridge. They were trying for crappies. I saw the boat launch access too but didn't try it.

Thank being said, I ended up going to Whonnock for crappies and nabbed 6 bows instead. First time there. Wanted to try for crappies again and ended up with 1 bow.

Albert Dyck is somewhat tough to fish with the ski boats on. And now they have that water park thingy going on at the end as well. I have to gamble when I go there hoping there's no skiing going on. Otherwise its still as good for the little ones.

Cheers,
San

Bubaa

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:55 am

Hey San

Whonnock is a good fishery. The only down side is no bass. Back in the 80's Whonnock was so over populated with crappie that an average evening was good for 40 fish. Those days are gone, but it is still a good fishery. North Pitt Meadows toward Pitt Lake offers some great bass fishing in all the marsh lands to the east. Talk to Andy our president of the West Coasters for more details. Do try Hatzic though there are eight pounders swimming that lake. If you are willing to deal with the land owners on the east side, Sivermere offers them up to ten pounds. I have fished many places in southern Ont and caught many bass there, but all my biggest came from the BC lower mainland.

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down