WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you like in a BC bass event...

2 posters

Go down

What would you like in a BC bass event... Empty What would you like in a BC bass event...

Post  Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:28 am

This is just a post out of curiosity and to get some discussion going as to what the majority of BC bass anglers would like to have in an event. This is not a livewell, no livewell discussion, just what anglers would like to do together in general.

Here are some suggestions, but all other suggestions are welcome:

A STRICTLY FUN EVENT - Meaning, you show up, team up with other boater/non-boaters randomly, and just fish for fun while learning from your partner that day.

A STRICTLY FUN EVENT W/SOME ORGANIZING - Same as above, but new bass anglers are intentionally teamed with experienced bass anglers.

FUN W/LUNCH - Same as above, but everyone kicks in $5-10 towards a BBQ lunch of burgers/smokies/pop back at the launch. One or two members with trucks could bring their BBQs voluntarily.

FUN W/SMALL WAGER - Sames as the first/second/third, but everyone throws $5-10 in a hat and biggest bass landed that day gets it. This way it's a luck thing where even a new angler has a chance, whereas if it's a 5-bass limit, that doesn't happen by luck usually.

MULTI-DAY FUN - Same as those above, but a two-to-three day event depending on whether it's a long weekend or not.

TOURNAMENT - Like the days when WCBA had 10 tournaments/year, where anglers choose their partner, pay $20-25 entry fee, and fish for the winning 5-bass limit.

None of what I listed is to make one appear better than any other, I'm just looking for what the majority would be interested in.

Just to give my input, I would want the FUN W/LUNCH & SMALL WAGER. It's hard for me to get away regularly for a multi-day event with family and work obligations, but on the rare occasion that I'm at Osoyoos or some other remote event, I'd be up for the same thing I want in a multi-day version.

What would you like?

Chad

Back to top Go down

What would you like in a BC bass event... Empty Re: What would you like in a BC bass event...

Post  bassinmatt Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Tournament Twisted Evil

bassinmatt

Back to top Go down

What would you like in a BC bass event... Empty Re: What would you like in a BC bass event...

Post  Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:59 pm

I just had an idea, since there are not so many experienced bass anglers in BC, and there are way more inexperienced bass anglers in BC, maybe a pro/co format might work in a club setting? Inexperienced anglers can fish as co-anglers from the back of the boats of the experienced anglers and gamble less money on the win as well.

Maybe $50 for boaters and $25 for non-boaters? That way the non-boaters can learn from the boater at the same time while not competing with him/her. Just a thought if you're in a club where tournaments are on the schedule.

Chad

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:12 pm

as of right now there is no money involved with any wcba events we like to keep it this way for a buit because if how many rookies there are in the club and i know i never liked the fact it felt like i was only paying other people to win

so as of right now there is no money envolved with wcba events
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:16 pm

That's a great way of doing it Andy! Do the winners get a certificate, or just AOY/SOY points? Plus bragging rights of course! Very Happy

Chad

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:17 pm

we ahve trophies that shane our vice president has greatly offered to donate to the club
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Gotta like free trophies! You guys have the best deal. I had to pay $25-60 for all my trophies in the past, via entry fees. Very Happy

Chad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:25 pm

shane said he would donate them.......realy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Yes, I told Andy for this year to help build the club back, that I would pay for the trophies for each event, angler of the year, sportman of the year , and tournament lunker of the year. Me and Andy talked about this in february and it was my idea to help out. In the mail yeasterday I received the trophies for every event up to now. They will be handed out at the next meeting

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:12 pm

As for answering the question in the original post: I would love to have multi-day(2-3) tournaments, 5 bass limit each day. Im not going to worry about how they are weighed. Im not going to open that can of worms again this week, lol. 1 of those a month plus other fun/teaching events in between. Maybe even have a jack-n-jill tournament as well. Right now its all about helping fellow anglers learn our sport. Getting involved with making poeple aware that there is a good fishery here to take advantage of. I know that I try to teach eveyone that fishes with me something they didnt know by the end of the day

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:35 pm

I am sure the members of the WCBA appreciate your generosity with the trophies. How could they not?!

As for helping other anglers that's always been my philosophy too. I have shown more than a few bank-beaters the value of mainlake structure fishing... Smile

Chad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down