WCBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bass Clubs

4 posters

Go down

Bass Clubs Empty Bass Clubs

Post  Rapala-man Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:10 pm

Are bass clubs in B.C. soon to be a thing of the past ? Poor turnout for events,in-fighting,three different regions...It would be great to unite every one this winter...Find a good provincial rep.Somebody like Andy,Justin or Cam. The future looks shit-grim the way things are going ! Time to put egos aside and focus on what's important....Bass & Bass fishing. Any hope of this ?

Rapala-man

Back to top Go down

Bass Clubs Empty Re: Bass Clubs

Post  Mike Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:35 pm

I would hope so Rapala-Man, we're all adults here; no reason not to act like it. I think one thing that is important in a front man for the Bass clubs is somebody who is EXTREMELY knowledgable about how bass, and other ray-finned fish have migrated up here WITHOUT human help or in cases of human help, during which timeframe the fish where introduced. For example, it seems from reading that I have done that bass and pumkinseeds have been in the Pitt Polder area for close to 100 yrs now. It seems most likely that when settlers came out here in the late 1800's adn early 1900's that they brought bass and carp with them as this is what they were familiar with fishing for back east. Honestly I am surprised that there arent any pike down here.
Mike
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:14 pm

ive extended my hand out to both justin and cam ive treid to deal wiht justin many time but we all know how thats ended to be honest i think we will need to put egos aside and work together like you say ive being trying i would love to have all the club work together
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:18 am

Mike wrote:I would hope so Rapala-Man, we're all adults here; no reason not to act like it. I think one thing that is important in a front man for the Bass clubs is somebody who is EXTREMELY knowledgable about how bass, and other ray-finned fish have migrated up here WITHOUT human help or in cases of human help, during which timeframe the fish where introduced. For example, it seems from reading that I have done that bass and pumkinseeds have been in the Pitt Polder area for close to 100 yrs now. It seems most likely that when settlers came out here in the late 1800's adn early 1900's that they brought bass and carp with them as this is what they were familiar with fishing for back east. Honestly I am surprised that there arent any pike down here.

You are right, bass have been here for 100 years or better. I recently read a book about trout fishing in Ont and was surprised to find out they had trout hatcheries and were stocking bows before we were here in BC. So who says trout and bass cannot co-exist. As for getting along with the other clubs? Not going to happen as long as they have small minded autocrats for presidents.

Last edited by newsman on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:29 am

hey what did you call me jeff your banned lol Razz damn fly fisherman and there big words lol

fyi guys the fall feed bag is on silvemere was on fire tongiht from shore

this weekend might be boat time in there lol
andy
andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down